Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kids & Smores

I try to think of fun times and experiences that I had growing up and doing them with my kids so they can enjoy it too!

Smores are classic. Nothing like a roasted marshmallow and chocolate squished between graham crackers. What kid wouldn't love that?



So the kids and I went to get the ingredients and they were so excited to get started. It was a nice night out although it was still light... well, we really improvised too. We roasted the marshmallows on our tiny camp stove. Not the campfire experience it should have been, but oh well.


The anticipation was building up here. Jake biting toy he put together...



Toothless Jake waiting for Dad to get our camp stove ready. Hurry up Dad!!




Emily wanting a picture too. (For some reason she almost always brings her ear to her shoulder when I take a picture of her. She must have been taught that at Pre-K.--- that's when it started.)



Roasting the marshmallows. Spencer and I being the paranoid parents made the kids take turns. The kids enjoyed cooking the marshmallows but when it came down to eating them...
Emily: "They were too gooey. And the chocolate was messy."
Avery: "I didn't like the marshmallows. Or the graham crackers with the chocolate on it."
Jake: "They were too sticky!"

Mom: "REALLY?! What a bunch of stinkers! So much for a good Smores experience...."

No comments: