So here are the troops making the garden boxes one afternoon.
This was the result! Awesome and I love it! I had a lot of learning to do about how to grow a great garden. I had some friends give me some pointers and I learned tons from Emily here.
Spencer did such a great job making three boxes for me. I mean us, since it's our family garden. He made two 2'x8' boxes and one 2'x4' box. And they fix perfectly in a little area in the back of the yard behind the garage. It's out of the way and was already blocked off so Spencer built a small gate for it as well.
I sectioned it off after filling it with a mix of compost and soil. I then planted our herb and veggie seeds. It was said to plant marigolds to attract bees and deter other unwanted pests.
Here are a few of my little springs before anything REALLY got growing.
This is one of the cucumbers we got. I was able to get a bunch so far but they're not as large or tasty as I remember but that's ok.
This is our garden from April or May. We have TONS of random bricks in the yard (thanks previous owner!) so I thought I'd put them to good use and make a little path between the boxes. So far I have about 8 tomatoes but they're all green and not growing large at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment