Saturday, June 18, 2011

Brenham Horses (March)

While Spencer was indefinitely suspended from HFD he was still able to work at Telemitry and was offered a temporary position at a Ranch in Brenham. It was a bit of a drive but the kids loved to hear about the beautiful horses that would possibly be running races. The owner was really nice and let our family visit to see some of the baby horses that had been born recently. Needless to say it was like Disneyland for the kids to see real baby horses.

This baby horse is still with its mother and is a couple of weeks old. Maybe only a week old.



We visited other horses. Apparently these two horses are Best Friends. Spencer said they are always together.
I love Emily's courage and Avery's cautiousness. Em has no fear. Where Avery takes a bit to warm up. I think she did eventually pet one of the horses. Emily was reaching for every horse. Even the one's Spencer told her not to reach out to because they would bite.
I think it's cute that horses can have BFFs too! Spencer grew fond of the horses here.
So cute and friendly!

I wish I could remember their names......

Here's another of the Momma with the newest baby horse.

We had quite the surprise and wonderful opportunity to feed baby kittens as well. The mother cat had either died or run away leaving four tiny hungry kittens. We showed up at feeding time and the kids were able to feed the little darlings from a tiny bottle.

Avery of course loved being able to hold and feed such a tiny baby. She loves animals and this was such a wonderful memory for her. She still asks about the kittens: if they're still at the ranch. How old they are.

Here's the newest baby horse and it's mother again getting ready for a nap. It was so sweet to see this.

The ranch has like a 4x4 golf cart thing to ride around in. So we were able to take a ride to see the other horses on the ranch. Our first stop was to visit the other new mothers with some of the older new baby horses.

There were quite a few new mother horses.

I think Spencer said there was a special name for this type of horse. He's born brown but as he gets older he eventually turns grey. Not because he's old either. I think it happens in the first year or so. You can see his face is already turning very grey.

I like this picture except for two of the kids are posing a bit too much. Emily has one thing on her mind and it's not the picture. I think she wants to run!

I saw this tree and I had to get some pictures of the kids in it. I love it!

For her love of pink I had to get a few of just Emily in the tree.

I think it was her matching shirt that made me want to take more of her in it. (I wish I was better at photography and knew what I should have done to make this picture better.)

"Let's take a picture on that old tractor," I said, "That'd be cool." Yeah, that didn't work out so well. And I hate the car in the background- real country for ya!

It was getting late and it was a beautiful sunny day. Oh, windy too. We were able to find some bluebonnets but the time of day was so terrible the pictures were just as bad. (Notice Josh in both pictures. All he wanted to do was run.......)

And Josh is off...
And the wind's blowing. And it's really bright!

It was a beautiful place.

With beautiful flowers. Bluebonnets of course. Texas state flower.

I like this picture. It reminds me of a post card you'd buy at a gas station or some touristy shop.



Avery did her best taking this picture but again the bright sun was awful for pictures but so wonderful for a family day in Brenham at the ranch. Just like Disneyland.

No comments: