Thursday, July 3, 2008

About 15 more girls to love

Last night I had my second Wednesday night activity with my girls for Young Women (YW). I'm getting more excited about being in YW! At first I was SO overwhelmed, I didn't think I could do it but the more I get to know the girls I get so much more excited than overwhelmed. There are about 15 girls in the program and I already love them! I remember some of them from serving in Primary or having them babysit our children but being able to work with them and see how much they will grow and learn is very exciting for me. I'm also excited to be able to work toward completing my own Personal Progress and accept and act upon the YW values: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, and Integrity.

This is the Young Woman Theme:
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:FaithDivine NatureIndividual WorthKnowledgeChoice and AccountabilityGood Works, andIntegrity.We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

As soon as I can get most of the girls together I'll post a picture of them. It's hard during the summer with all the family trips and activities the girls have going on.

No comments: