I'm still not sure how I'm feeling about what I did to Emily's hair about a week ago. Her ends were so. dry. and I knew I had to at least trim them and decided to take a few inches off since it's been so hot here. Well I went a bit shorter- not taking into consideration her curls would make it shorter and that hair shrinks a bit once its dried. I like it though and she LOVES it; so that makes me happy. I just miss the Shirley Temple ringlets she'd get after her hair was wet and just dried naturally.
So this is an older picture, about 5 months ago to give some idea of how LONG it was.

I had her sit and watch a movie while I did the dirty deed. She did great sitting in this hard little chair watching "Thumbelina" I had actually already cut half of her hair before I took this picture but wanted to get a "before" picture.

This is the half I had already cut. Her baby curls! Her baby hair is all gone now so her hair is a lot like Avery's: tons of hair! I think the layers I put in took the longest. I was nervous the whole time though. I've done my boys with the clippers all the time but never a major cut like this on my girls!

I tried to style it a bit after I cut it so I just pulled the middle back a bit.

I think my favorite is the cheesy smile with the messy face. They were eating lunch and it's all over her face.
It's taking me a bit to get used to it but she loves it and she can still walk around with bedhead and get compliments on it. Not that I let her walk around with bedhead on a daily basis.....
No comments:
Post a Comment