Thursday, September 25, 2008
The ultrasound
In a previous post I had mentioned that I would be calling three times a day- which I did until I talked to one of the nurses. She said all of the calls are being routed to her home and the power and phones were still out at the office. The call came Monday about 1:45 pm to reschedule the ultrasound. I was thrilled and couldn't turn it down. I frantically called to find a sitter- school was still out so I had all three kiddos but I had my YW too for babysitting! Luckily I was able to get the kids taken care of and called Spencer- they only gave me until 2:30 to call back and my appointment was at 3:15 and it was at least a 25 minute drive with the power out at some intersections. I took some clean clothes to pick up Spencer- he was working on rebuilding a fence with friends, he was dirty and stinky, and raced to the doctors office. We were both so excited to find out what it was! It was strange walking up to the office door, the power was still out but they were using a generator for a few lights, fans, and the ultrasound machine. We had the typical wait for Dr. Hulme but the circumstances were different, there was no air conditioning- I'm so spoiled! Our turn came and we were the last appointment and it was a normal visit just minus the electricity. I went to the ultrasound room and he came in and got started. We got a good look at the baby and he said everything looks good and that the due date is January 24 according to the measurements of the baby. He asked if we wanted to know the sex and of course we were both really excited. The anticipation was killing us for the past few weeks! He got a good look and said there is no doubt that's a boy! He jiggled my tummy with the ultrasound mouse, or whatever it's called, and said, "Oh yeah, there's no doubting that. That's pretty clear!" I started laughing and we were both really excited! I took Spencer back to his fence building and went home. The kids were both really excited and we look forward to welcoming this baby into our family. Avery is just as excited as I am I think. She talks about holding the baby all the time and always talks to my tummy. She says," Love you baby!" before getting on the bus and before going to bed. She's so funny! She's going to be a great helper with this new one. Jake and Emily can just play together and come visit Mom and Avery with the new baby when they get bored with what they are doing.
Remembered by
Robyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
(Kinsey Pistorius) CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so thrilled for you all - 2 boys, 2 girls, what could be better? :)
congrats!!! I didn't even know you were prego..i'm so excited for you.
Oh congratulations! That's so fun another boy! And I bet you are so glad that suspense is FINALLY over!
Yay on another boy! That is really exciting! I felt for you, not having the ultra sound when you thought you would have it. That would've been sooo hard for me!
Post a Comment