I have so many ideas on how I want to do the kids rooms and I have a really good idea on how I want each of the girls rooms to be done. I'm really excited to get going on them but I promised the boys that their room was the first to be done since their walls were the grossest looking. But what to do I had no idea. Until I thought about doing the TX flag on one whole wall. And I just went ahead and did it.
Luckily, it's a simple design with a lot of meaning. The red, white, and blue of the state flag represent, respectively, bravery, purity, and loyalty. I love that! Texas has a lot of pride that I don't quite understand but I love the southern hospitality here!
This is how it all started with me first penciling it all off then with the blue painters tape. The star was a bit more challenging to get it right. It's supposed to be 3/4 the size of the blue stripe. I don't know that it's exact but it looks close enough.

And the Blue and Red. Done. Second Coat. Done.

Blue tape off and I just free handed the star and the white stripe. Second coat. Done.

Two days of painting and the boys have a very large Texas flag in their room. Jake loves it. "Wow! That's so cool!" Josh is too young to care but he has been looking at it and you can see the wheels turning as he tries to figure the words to say but can't get them out so he just points.
I look forward to having that Family Home Evening that will teach them about the constant reminder they have in their room representing bravery, purity, and loyalty. So they will have that instilled in them along with other character traits that are so vital in our lives.
1 comment:
Great post. Love, love, love the wall! Wish I could do one in my house.
Post a Comment