Sunday, October 31, 2010

Have I been M.I.A.? Naahhh!

I had a friend ask me recently, "so what have you been up to?"

I didn't know what I'd been doing but I knew I had been busy. Does that mean I've been doing unnecessary things? I don't feel that they are unnecessary when I'm doing them!

It made me think what have I been doing to keep my head up when all I really want to do is go back to bed and pull the covers over my head and just sleep until Spencer gets his job back and a public apology from the city.

Here are a few of those things. And I'm posting this for myself so I know that I have been doing things.


This is my most recent project: painting the TX flag in the boys room. I did a post with more detail & pictures.

I made this nap mat for Emily's Pre-K. My first solo sewing project. Hopefully not my last.



I've been trying to take more pictures of the kids. I've wanted to play around with Photoshop Elements too but haven't yet. But I plan to.





I took the kids to the Fire Fest. We love going to this annual event! So much fun to see the fire demonstrations. I don't think I've posted this yet. I better get on it- maybe tomorrow.


I've also been doing a lot of reading. I read all three books in the Hunger Games series. I read The Help. The Shack. And I am currently trying to catch up on my Ensigns. I'm in August 2010 now.


I've been cooking a lot more too. I've been making our sourdough bread- although Costco's is better. For November I have the whole month planned for dinner. And there are at least two or three new recipes every week in addition to a weekly bread baked.


I'm attempting to keep up with four kids and their school schedules.


I was recently released from the Presidency in Relief Society. I helped plan the RS Meetings. I was only there for about three months.


Three mornings a week I ride my bike with Emily and Josh in a two seater bike trailer. We ride for almost three miles each day. They love it saying, "Good Morning!" to everyone we pass.


I think that about covers it. Like I said this post is more for me, so I know I'm doing something productive.

No comments: