Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Halloween Treats!

In all honesty I just want to skip the holidays and be in the beginning of February. I'm just not feeling it this time around. Yup. I'm a Scrooge right now. I suppose Thanksgiving will be great though. Anyways, I've been trying to get into the holiday spirit and the kids had a blast at the annual Trunk or Treat this year. Keep in mind my scrooge-ness, which would explain the undecorated "trunk"; next year!

So on to the Trunk or Treat!

The kids were pretty excited to go. Candy. Fun. Sugar. More Candy. What kid wouldn't be excited?


Big Smiles! Happiness all around.


I LoVe this picture of Josh and Spencer! I put the finishing touches on Josh's costume a couple of days before and I really like how it looks! Just like Dad's real FF uniform. Too cute!


Ok so now on to Emily. My tomboy for the past few years all of a sudden wanting Princess this and pink EVERYTHING. WHAT?!?! Where did this come from? So she wanted to be a fairy. I gave all our dress up away since she NEVER wanted anything to do with it the past three years, and all of a sudden: Princess! Pink! Girly! Princess! Make up! Nails! Pink! Laura to the rescue, sent me home with a few costumes that would pass as a Princess! Thanks Laura!

I absolutely adore my children but when it comes to taking pictures they can't act normal or pose normal for me; but Emily looks so angelic in this picture. I LOVE it! Her sweet personality really comes out in this one. Don't get me wrong she can take on Jake but she can be super sweet!

Avery was a witch. AGAIN. I think this was the third year in a row. I thought she was going to be Wonder Woman until a few hours before we had to leave. And Jake was Flash. Also, AGAIN! Why do my kids do repeat costumes? Nice on the wallet though! I thought he was going to be The Dark Knight. But he too changed his mind. So, no, this is not a picture from a year or two ago. Just my kids wearing the same costumes.

The Allred Crew all ready for Halloween.

I think Josh was practicing his Fireman skills trying to save the kitty that Avery was waving in front of his face. His hands are out ready to catch Fluffy the cat.

I was ushered into the picture as well. I went as a criminal. I know. Scrooge. Just looking at this picture I can hear Josh saying in his very loud voice, "Hiiii!" or was it, "Byyeee!"

This picture is a little scary to me- Jake's eyes are very odd! Emily looking elsewhere- typical. Avery is like a statue and I think looks the same in every picture. I love that girl. Josh is trying to lean in for some sugar as I tell him to hold still and stand here. Silly boy!

There was a DJ playing music and Josh stood there and started to dance. It was pretty cute. This is one of my favorite pictures. Adorable!

The Fire Fighter and criminal. Big Smiles. Happiness all around.

My iron on art. I just need a patch or two to make it look a bit more authentic. And this will be a repeat costume as well. I bought it big and leave it out for him to put on anytime.

Looks like Josh saved Fluffy the cat. And Fireman Josh is happy about that.

Another picture of the criminal and Fireman Josh.

Checking out the loot. Smiles. Candy. Fun. Sugar. More candy. Tired, but Happiness all around.

2 comments:

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

Oh, how I miss you! Your kids are absolutely adorable! It looks like Jake is super tall in that costume, and wow Em, princess huh? Josh is just plain precious with his daddy's look. That picture is priceless. You have to get one with them both dressed up doing the same thing. I love all the pics!

The Artisan Mama said...

We miss you too! And I love your orange jumpsuit!