Monday, July 19, 2010

10 Years and Counting

On July 14th, Spencer and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe we've been together for 10 years!
We've been through a lot of trials but have overcome them all. We of course had our ups and downs and the strength we've gained is amazing. I had thought about what the past 10 years have brought us and the what was the most memorable. For me it was his accident almost three years ago. I know that sounds twisted but it was almost a wake up call for us both to really appreciate what we have right in front of us and what to realize what really matters while here on Earth. He is my best friend and I am so grateful that we will be together now and throughout eternity. I really liked the 10 year traditional anniversary gift meaning: Tin or aluminum- the pliability of tin or aluminum is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken. SO true!

With all the stress of moving, unpacking, and daily life in general; we kept our celebrations simple and hope to do more after things settle down a bit. So we had an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory and bought some things for the house: 2 bath faucets, small bath trash cans, a few mirrors for the doors, etc. We went to Lowe's and Home Depot. It was very romantic! We were both so tired from all the moving and everything that's all I was up for. We'll go away for a night or two in October when the weather's not so blazing HOT and HUMID!!

I did get a dozen red roses- 10 for each year and 2 for us. I thought that was really sweet!

I also picked out some flowers at Home Depot for my kitchen window....

I hope these African Violets last. They sure look great in my kitchen window.

No comments: