Friday, July 2, 2010

Our Stay at Grandma and Grandpa Allreds

So we moved out of our 1st home May 28th and moved almost all of our stuff into storage. I had packed enough clothes for us for about 10 days thinking we'd be there for a couple of weeks. Needless to say its been 5 weeks and we are getting the carpet installed as I write this. The biggest delay was a stupid woman who questioned EVERY aspect of Spencer's paycheck and kept asking for more paperwork, some papers that we'd already given months before! It was a nightmare! Her supervisor finally had enough and went around her and passed it on to get the paperwork ready to go to closing. And so we finally closed June 24th and we've been working on it ever since- well on top of Spencer's busy work schedule. We're super excited to move in to our new home in the next few days.


In the mean time here are some pictures of a few of the things we've been doing here.
We've been playing with cousins almost on a daily basis and they love every minute of it.

The kids have been doing tons of swimming! Jake and Avery are great! Jumping off every edge and are so excited when they touch the bottom.


This is where Josh loved to play, outside the pool. He would pour and dump the water from these big bowls. He'd be drenched and had a fit when it was time to go inside.



I took these pictures from inside- hence the glare from the window. Avery's underwater and Emily's holding the ball.

Then there's Jake. My fearless boy. I think he was trying to dive through this tube.


This was a fun night. Emily came over with her twins, Jackson and Joseph. They are 10 days younger than Joshua. It's so funny to see these three boys together. Jack and Joe are so much more mellow and nice than Josh. I feel bad but Josh does have to able to defend himself against Emily and Jake- Avery gives him anything he wants.
Anyways..... after dinner we thought it'd be fun to put the trio in the tub together.

Rub a Dub Dub Three Little Men in the Tub.

They are so cute! I'll admit I struggle with being able to tell them apart. Joshua, Jackson, and Joseph (I think)

So this is a tradition with my mother in law: to get the little ones in one of the two green dresses her mom made. There have been three sets of twins in this family so far....

Anyways this is my beautiful little Josh in the green dress. He looks so cute! He didn't mind having it on either. He loves to look at the bird decorations Christie has- hence the little white bird in his hands. He's really gentle with them too.

This is a really cute picture of Christie with Josh in the dress. He again has the little bird in his hands and notice the pink bows in his hair too.


The kids thought it was hillarious that Josh was dressed up like a girl. Jake couldn't stop laughing. They only way this happened was for Spencer to be at work. He despises these pictures! For a Father's Day joke we put a few in a frame for him. It won't be proudly displayed anywhere. Only one picture of Josh is on Christie's fridge and it's next to a picture of Jack and Joe in the two green dresses. I think it's funny!

No comments: