Thursday, November 12, 2009

Flower Power

OK so a little history behind this Gerber Daisy: a precious friend gave me this potted Gerber Daisy for Valentine's Day and I decided to see how long it would last if I planted it. Well I'm happy to say it's been nearly four years since I planted that little flower in our front yard. I'm so glad I did too because every time it blooms I always think about Elena and what a sweet friend she has been to me over the years!


This was last year, the first time it was the talk of the house. Spencer took a picture of it because it was hard for us to describe and we wanted to remember it. I was pregnant with Josh when this flower bloomed and we were both convinced it was twins. This flower was definitely dividing and it was on one stem- which we thought was so cool!


Well, this year it's in the shape of a heart. This is a close up of the middle, yea I don't know my flower parts. But I am familiar with my shapes and that is a heart!



This is another shot of our heart flower. Isn't that the coolest? The kids love to look at it. I was honestly amazed at it and was excited to show it to them. I show it to everyone who comes over- look at our flower I'd say. Yes, it's the little things that excite me!
Who couldn't use a little flower power?

No comments: