Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

So we've tried to get our family Easter tradition down and for the second year we've had Saturday as the day the Easter bunny visits and the kids have an egg hunt. This leaves Sunday for us to focus on the real reason for our celebration, the Savior. We have a lesson about the atonement and will watch some movies that focus on the life of Christ.


So we started off with the Easter baskets left by the Easter bunny.

I love these pictures of Emily and her Easter basket.



Avery was given a large bunny which she carries from place to place. Avery LOVES bunnies and has slept with one very loved bunny for the past 8 years. It used to be fuzzy and white, but now is grey and very flat- like I said it's very loved!

Yes, the Easter bunny found this DS for the girls at a pawn shop for $35 and couldn't pass it up- so he says. She was super excited about it!


And we have Josh.....this was his second Easter but the first one he could participate in. He wouldn't let go of the Air Head candy. It must have been the colors and crinkly wrapper.


What a blondie!


The kids and their loot in their baskets! Avery and another bunny love.

Josh loved his football and there are those Air Head candies....

Josh looks so much like the other three kids. They all look so much like Dad!


So here goes the egg hunt outside. We let the younger two go first and then Jake and Avery ran out to get their share.

Emily found the eggs on the swings and around the play equipment

Josh got the concept of putting eggs in the basket but still needed a little help along the way. Plus it was getting really warm outside and the chocolate candy was starting to melt. We had to speed him up a little bit.


Little Emily collecting eggs. I'm not sure if I got a picture of her face at all.


Avery hunting for eggs also- still with the new bunny in her arm.

Josh found the one shiny egg.....


It took all of his best effort to get the eggs that were on the grass and in the meantime he'd spill the rest of the eggs in his basket. Toddlers are so fun!

Having to fill the basket again with the eggs just spilled. That basket looks empty without the Easter grass. Yes I am a paranoid mom not wanting him to eat it and choke on it so I eliminated it this year.


"Found another egg by my slide no if I could just get it in my basket without spilling....."

He's so cute looking for eggs! He actually just really loves to be outside regardless of what he's doing.


Harley loves Josh and was curious what they were all doing walking around the yard picking up things. Maybe he was helping.


Josh collecting and Harley looking.....


Josh carrying his basket and collecting eggs.

What a fun day but I didn't get a picture of Jake! So sad! He was there I promise!

So this was Sunday. It was a much more relaxing day especially with it being General Conference weekend. We watched the morning session of conference and had lunch between sessions. I made baby back ribs, mashed potatoes, a green salad, and resurrection rolls. After lunch we had a FHE on the life and resurrection of Christ before visiting Grandma and Grandpa Allred. We watched the afternoon session of conference there- kinda before coming back home so Spencer could go to work that night.
This is Avery enjoying a resurrection roll. This was the first year I made these and the kids had fun making them together.

Josh loved the meat and potatoes. He's a good eater!

Jake and his cheesy smile. I love this boy!


And the resurrection rolls.... the kids took their marshmellow which represented Jesus, rolled it in butter representing oils, rolled it in cinnamon sugar representing incense, then tucked it into a crescent roll pinching it all around. Put it in the oven, the tomb, and it comes out hollow because Jesus was resurrected. It was fun object lesson to do with the kids.

No comments: