So this morning I put a drop of food coloring at the bottom of the kids cereal bowls under their cereal and after I poured the milk it changed color. Jake and Avery both had blue and Jake was the first to notice. "Hey the milk's blue!" Emily had purple.
This is Avery with her blue tongue and blue Cheerios.
When I finished making the kids lunches I quickly tossed in a fake spider that I constantly found around the house into Jake's lunch box. He told me when he got home that he screamed when he saw it. Oh how I would have loved to be there to see that one! I still laugh thinking about it.
I told the kids since it was April Fool's Day we would eat dinner backwards and we would have dessert first and have cupcakes for dinner. So I put them on the table and I love the reactions!
So first on the menu: "Surprise Cupcakes" which consisted of meatloaf with colored mashed potatoes on top.
I had to make another veggie too but didn't have time to figure out anything creative so I just did green beans with almonds.
I love Avery's face in this picture. "Those aren't cupcakes!", she said. "It's mashed potatoes!"
I asked what color cupcake they wanted and said that they could each have two. Most of them wanted one pink and one blue. It was fun.
They loved them! Emily was so funny to lick the potatoes like she does with frosting on cupcakes.
I thought I should do a close up of it all.
I really wanted to do something with their drinks too but ran out of time. Maybe next year I can freeze their cups half full then top it off and see their reactions then. Fun times!
I had to get a picture of Josh chowing down on his favorite meal. He loves his Momma's meatloaf and mashed potatoes!
Josh now enjoys putting things behind his chair and letting it fall to the floor. What a boy!
Now on to dessert. I made "Fish sticks"(peanut butter covered wafer cookies rolled in crushed cornflakes) and "peas"(rolled taffy pieces) with "ketchup" (seedless strawberry jam) to dip the fish sticks. This took me the longest time but it was fun to make and the kids loved it!
The eagerness on their faces! What is it?
And again, Avery with her taste testing abilities, has figured out the dipping sauce.
It was a fun dinner and I will for sure do it again.

1 comment:
You're so creative! How fun!!
Post a Comment