I feel awful for neglecting our family blog!! I have no excuse except for a busy life and trying to get priorities in order. Although I will say that our pc went out and that's thrown us a bit......I hope we didn't lose all our pictures!
So, for the past three months I've been loving my four babies who seem to grow up every time I look at them and it makes me cherish the time I have with them and that I'm still cool enough to be with (for the moment!). I've cut my hair but have yet to mail off the 10 inches to Locks of Love- this will be done next week. I love my calling in Young Women but it can be overwhelming at times trying to juggle the children with Spencer's work while keeping them on a schedule. I'm adopting the Eyre's parenting methods while reading three of their books in hopes to teach my children responsibility and values. I love the 3 Steps to a Strong Family and we're implementing the first step while I prepare for the next step. I can't say that I've done much else but try to keep up with the house(one reason I'm ecstatic about the 2nd step- chores to EARN allowance!!), keep the children on a routine, and yet still throw in a day at the park or something fun. I know really boring......but I do still love doing my girls hair.









So, for the past three months I've been loving my four babies who seem to grow up every time I look at them and it makes me cherish the time I have with them and that I'm still cool enough to be with (for the moment!). I've cut my hair but have yet to mail off the 10 inches to Locks of Love- this will be done next week. I love my calling in Young Women but it can be overwhelming at times trying to juggle the children with Spencer's work while keeping them on a schedule. I'm adopting the Eyre's parenting methods while reading three of their books in hopes to teach my children responsibility and values. I love the 3 Steps to a Strong Family and we're implementing the first step while I prepare for the next step. I can't say that I've done much else but try to keep up with the house(one reason I'm ecstatic about the 2nd step- chores to EARN allowance!!), keep the children on a routine, and yet still throw in a day at the park or something fun. I know really boring......but I do still love doing my girls hair.

Avery is loving 2nd grade and is doing really well. She and Jake ride the bus together and I love that! She has two boys who "love" her and I've received two texts from one of them. I don't remember having "boyfriends" in 2nd grade!!! That's just too young! She's also taking ballet classes. She's been asking for almost four years now and I'm glad we waited- she loves it and she had a chance to be a kid for a while and just play around. She is still my amazing helper with just about everything and still loves Josh to no end. She will be SO busy when she gets old enough to babysit. She's great with all little kids; she loves them!


Jake has really grown up a lot in the past few months. He's doing amazing in Kindergarten and loves his teacher. He's the best reader and enjoys reading just about any book; I got him a few of the Magic Treehouse books over the summer and he liked it but enjoys a few more pictures in his books still. He's such a good boy and loves having Josh in his room- now it's the boys room! He still is a bundle of energy but has a bit more control over it. He still has his moments when the monster takes over but again he's learning to get over it a lot quicker when he doesn't get attention for it.


Emily was all set for Pre-K this year but I decided to keep her home with me for just one more year. She's still my baby and I wanted some time with her to guide her towards a bit more independence from Jake and Avery. She's labeled the copycat because she does EVERYTHING they do and that's not always a good thing. It's been really great to have her as the big sister and as my helper. She will always be my little fireball and I love her for it.
Josh...Wow! Does time fly! He's doing great. At 9 months he's getting in his 3rd tooth; his bottom two have been in for about a month and his top left tooth is currently breaking through the gum- not fun!He's crawling, well mostly army crawling EVERYWHERE! I've noticed recently that he gets bored with some of his baby toys. He loves the Little People toys and cars! His hair is getting long but not changing color at all- he is by far my fairest, such a blondie!
Spencer is working as a paramedic still at 55s and deals with interesting people who are very familiar with the system and work it. He goes to calls at 3 am which have consisted of: a crying, screaming newborn that hadn't been fed in four hours- Duh!! and this was NOT their first baby. Another call was to a pregnant 14 year old who was in labor and her 16 year old sister due the same day (this was NOT her first child!). Mom was proud! Really?! His latest was to a stabbing. Mom stabbed her son twice for not turning off the tv and doing the dishes. (Glad I'm not in that family!)
He's starting a second job through Baylor at telemetry(sp?). He'll pretty much be the middle man between the hospitals and ambulances. He starts that in a few weeks. With this job we're planning on paying off debt and selling our house in the spring since we're outgrowing our current home. We are all excited about that!


1 comment:
I've been waiting to see pictures of your hair! It's way cute on you! You look great. You have such adorable kids. I love seeing their pictures and reading all about them. Thanks for the Eyre book reference. I placed it on hold at the library.
Post a Comment