Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Year Ago Things Got A Bit BuSiER!

A year ago my life went from busy to CrAZy BUsY!! I remember that night well I was in my pj's ready for bed and Bishop Martin calls to see if he can stop by for a minute. Of course I said ok. Spencer said, "It's a big calling for you." I said, "No way! I'm 9 weeks prego and just starting to feel better." "Wait and see", he says. Sure enough it was a new calling for me as YW President. I was thinking, "Ahhhhhh..... Ummmmmm" so wanting to say no because I didn't know anything about YW and feeling inadequate for such a big step. I agreed and Spencer has been a great support! It took me a while to go through and really understand the YW program and especially Personal Progress. It's is such an inspired and wonderful program and great for the girls. It's essentially to help the young women come unto Christ and gain a testimony of Him. What could be better than that? The whole church is based on that though- coming unto Christ. Anyways, I accepted the challenge while having three young children, being pregnant with our 4th, having a husband with a busy schedule who is often gone for 24 hours at least twice a week. There are many times when I felt like a single mom; and at times still do. The pregnancy continued and I grew- the baby grew and we found out it was a boy! We were really excited! Two girls and now two boys- perfect!! We continued to live our lives at home but managed to work YW into it as well on Sundays and Wednesday nights. It got busier! Well here come the holidays and then the baby so come January I took some time off and just rested and took care of the other kids. It was busier. Spencer was able to help out a bit more but had to go back to work in February. So anyways, what I'm trying to say is that for the past year on top of it all I finished my Personal Progress!! I am so excited and happy to have it done! Now that I've finished, I need to really work on Josh and getting him to sleep better through the nights. He's still getting me up every three hours at night and after 6 months I'm a bit sleep deprived to say the least. That is my current goal: Get decent sleep and catch up on it!!! We've also been back and forth with the idea of selling our house. We are obviously outgrowing our three bedroom home; we would like one more bedroom, a dining room or study, and a larger back yard; big house= big cleaning, not something I want to spend too much time doing. We had our house on the market four years ago but we've done a lot since- besides adding two more kids! : ) It was so hard having people want to look at the house and having only 5 minutes to straighten up the house with only two kids- and I refuse to do it with four kids! Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!So that is my reasoning for the lack of posting on our family blog. I'll be better about it after I've come close to meeting my goal of more sleep.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am trying to get updated on everyone's blog, so I am just now reading this post. That is so cool you are the YW President! Wow, that is a busy calling, with a new baby (well he's older now) but at the time, and being pregnant. Wow. I bet you are wonderful and the girls love you! I still remember all my YW leaders.