It was 1:30 am when the contractions first started. They didn't hurt but started getting closer together so by 3:30 we decided it would be best if we went to the hospital to be safe. After showering the contractions had stopped and I didn't feel anything on the drive there either. We went to the ER and by that time it was almost 5 am. Spencer was scheduled to be at work at 6:30am; and yes this was January 7th, my birthday. The nurse hooked me up to the monitors to evaluate the contractions I was having. They were every 2-3 minutes but still did not hurt although they were fairly big. I was still dilated to 2 cm. She kept me on the monitors for an hour and then rechecked me after an hour and I was at 4 cm. She called my doctor and he said to take me to labor and delivery to get the epidural and not wait for the labs to come back because I have a history of fast labors. Up in L&D I got the epidural and stayed at a 6 for about an hour. Finally around 10 am I felt a little bit of pressure but by 10:30 there was a bit more pressure and the nurse checked me and said I was complete and the dr would be here in about 5 minutes. Spencer was funny and said I'll give him ten. He timed him and he was there in 6 1/2 minutes. I pushed through two contractions and Joshua Spencer was born at 10:41 am on January 7th.

Joshua Spencer weighed 6lbs 6 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches.

Mom with beautiful new baby boy.

Emily holding her new baby brother.

Dad and Jake holding baby Joshua.

Avery is so excited to have a baby brother!

She loves him so much!

Joshua Spencer 24 hours old.

Love playing with the babies! They're so cute!

Daddy with his newest son!

Josh's had a rough day, so tired!

Spencer with baby Josh.

Love the baby hands- so wrinkly like a little old man.

So tired!

Itty bitty baby toes and feet

Itty bitty baby fingers- so sweet!
It's been almost two weeks since Josh has joined our family and we love every minute of it. Sure there is a lack of sleep on our parts but the kids love him so much and we are so blessed to have him with us.
5 comments:
Oh he's so adorable! I'm so glad everything went well! Congratulations to your family!
He is sooooo cute. I am sooo glad that he came so easily. What a blessing. Nothing put posatives. What an awesome time in your life. :) Enjoy that little one. I hope to hold him again soon. :)
Congrats! I loved reading all the details of your delivery. He is a gorgeous baby!!
Congrats! He is super cute! What a special little birthday present!
Congratulations!! He looks like a cutie and I love his name too!!
Post a Comment