Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

Avery turned 7 on January 1st. She helped me make cupcakes and picked her favorite dinner on that day. Spencer was at the station so I let her pick two gifts to open and then save the rest for the 2nd when we would have Dad with us and we would go out to eat at a restaurant of her choosing and then have Grandma, Grandpa, and Heidi come over for dinner and open the rest of her presents then.
This is after dinner with the family opening a few cards. Love the toothless smile. It's been since October that she lost those two front teeth- are they ever going to grow in?!?

Don't you love the packaging for kids toys? They're adult proof and kid proof! Thank goodness for Grandpa and his knives. He and Spencer always have one in their pockets. Spencer's gotten me in the habit of having one in my purse also.


I love getting pictures of Spencer with the kids. He hates his picture taken but too bad. He's lost some serious weight and I've gained it but he looks great and I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband who takes such good care of all of us. The kids adore him and when Avery talked to him on the phone on her birthday she teared up because she misses him so much and is so sensitive. She is such a sweet girl and I love her so much. She is so excited to hold her baby brother- but did not want him to be born on her birthday! She's been such a wonderful helper. Last night while Spencer was again at the station while I was putting Emily and Jake to bed she started putting the dishes away from the dishwasher without me asking. She was done by the time I was with the other two. She then helped me with the two sinks full of dirty dishes. She wrote a few thank you cards, picked out my jammies, helped put clean sheets on my bed, and helped repack my hospital bag. By that time it was past her bed time but she did get to talk to Dad again before having to go to sleep. She's such a good girl and I am so grateful that she came into our family! We love you Avery so very much!

No comments: