Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dove ads are awesome!



Ok I love the Dove ads and commercials. Having two girls myself I worry about their self esteem. I want them to be happy with their bodies and know that they are beautiful no matter what anyone else thinks or says. I explain to Avery and Jake about what's real and what's not especially in some of the movies they watch. We love the Phantom of the Opera and I've shown them the extra footage where they put all the make up on the actor to make him have ugly scary make up on. I tell them that there is make up to make us look pretty also. I hope they get it. But these Dove ads are the best! I have a love hate relationship with the beauty industry. I don't have the confidence to go all natural all the time but for me to feel like I have to look a certain way to be accepted by anyone else is insane! Avery's in 1st grade and already is so aware of others. She notices things that I have become immune to like men jogging without a shirt on. Our children are growing up so much faster and have to deal with a lot more than I did 20 years ago being in elementary school. I am grateful that we have a diverse community around us, it gives another teaching opportunity that Heavenly Father made us all different for a reason whether it be the color of our skin, our body type, even language. Yes my thoughts are really random- I have 50+ things running around lately. I just had to share these videos. You can turn off the music while watching the videos. These two are my favorite! Way to go Dove!

No comments: