Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School!

So this was Avery's first week of school and it was great! This year I had her ride the bus with a couple of friends who live next door and right across the street. They just started kindergarten so I was so grateful that I didn't have to take her to school and pick her up like last year; that was such a hassle having to wake up Emily from her nap but I couldn't put my little kindergartner on the bus by herself last year. She's happy to be in school again and I'm happy that she's happy to be in school again. I look forward to Jake starting preschool again in October. He's going to the Lab school at the high school again- it's great because the high school kids get graded on their performance and plus it's fun to play with the kids. Here are some of the pictures from Avery's first day of school.

These are our bus riders: Avery, Logan, and Grace.


Waiting on the corner at the "bus stop"


Ok so we followed them to school to make sure they got there alright and I took in her school supplies and beat her to her class and met her in the hall. Can you see the excited look on her face? She literally said, "Mom, what are you doing here? I know where my class is!" I had to laugh at that- you can see it in her posture in this picture- there's my mom with the camera, how embarassing!


And finally off the bus back from school- wouldn't you know the first day of school, the bus breaks down and it's an hour late!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I know what you mean, following to school, they grow up so fast it's tough to see them in that big huge school without you there...

Anonymous said...

Hey you. We didn't know that you guys had a blog. It's so fun to keep in touch with people on here. It looks like all is well. Your kids are getting huge!