Thursday, June 12, 2008

How much longer until school starts?

I feel like I've fallen off the face of the earth and I'm struggling to get back on. The kids are out of school and bored out of their minds. It's been in the 90's for the past month with like 80% humidity so to say, "It's kinda hot outside." is putting it mildly. They play outside for 5 minutes and come in with pink sweaty faces saying it's too hot! I try to give them water and send them back out but it doesn't work. The sprinkler and our little inflatable pool works sometimes. We always have the option to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house to swim but I get too nervous with three kids and a big pool all by myself. So we've broken out the Game Cube that we'd been hiding up in our closet for a few months. We have a few games that the kids are enjoying but need help with to get to the next level or past the obstacle. We're putting a limit on it and keeping it as a privilege that can be lost but it gets tough when mom's creativity gets lost in the mix. I really need to keep them working on their reading and writing. Jake is great about reading! Avery on the other hand says, "I don't want to. You read it to me." I've tried taking her to the library to let her pick any book she wants to read to me which she does but then refuses to read it to me. She'll let Jake read it though. Ahhhh....so frustrating! Any ideas to beat the heat with a 6 year old, a soon to be 5 year old, and 2 year old? I totally understand the countdown for school to start again. I think we have 8 -10 weeks to go!

No comments: