Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Baptism

On October 8th, Jake was baptized.  It was a wonderful day, busy but wonderful.  Spencer baptized him and Grandpa Allred gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. 
I still can't believe how quickly they grow up.  Four more years until getting the priesthood.  I still remember holding him as a tiny baby.
He's not so easy to pick up and carry anymore.  Such handsome boys!  All dressed in white.
Jake and I.  I'm so happy he got over the embarrassment of hugging Mom in public.  That made me sad for a while.  A lot of times he grabs me for the hugs & I love it!  He's such a great boy!
We had a small celebration at our home after the baptism with family and a few friends.  Emily with Grandpa Allred.  Look at that girl!
Grandpa and Spencer together.  It's good to see them relax a bit.
The kids were able to play outside in our backyard; or maybe I should call it our back dirt since most of the grass we had out back died plus the dirt pile from the spa is still there. 
And we have the three boys... Jackson and Joseph giving Josh a bite of their cookies.  After two cookies each we had to move them on to playing upstairs.  It was hilarious!

And my super strong newly baptized young man.  Shirtless and all!  I love how Josh is trying to copy Jake by making muscles.  I love these boys!
 I am so proud of Jake and his decision to be baptized.  He is a wonderful boy.  Smart.  Sensitive.  I am so blessed to have him in our family.  We love you so much! 

No comments: