Christmas for 2010 was great. We stuck with our traditional Christmas Eve at our in laws home with a big dinner and gift exchange. The kids bring a toy that is in good condition they want to exchange. And the adults do a white elephant exchange. One year it was a live lobster! So some of us are a little nervous about what could be lurking in the "gift."
Here are some pictures of our Holiday celebrations:

All the
grand kids that live in Texas
reenact the Nativity every year. This year Lexie was Joseph and Emily was Mary. This picture is super cute of "Joseph and Mary."
Christmas morning was great with the kids. Spencer had to go to work at noon but I continued the celebrations with a great ham dinner and all the sides.

Our Christmas tree before it was invaded by excited children.

Santa was a good boy and ate his cookies and drank his milk. He left a note for the kids telling them to Always Remember that Jesus is the reason we have Christmas, and to be good. It had been a rough month with lots of teasing and fighting so they almost were put on the naughty list.

I made sure to feed the kiddos before breaking into the stockings and presents. It was also a stall tactic to let Dad sleep a bit more too.

After a waffle I couldn't keep Josh away from his "firetruck" any longer so I told Spencer that it was almost 9 am so he HAD to get up.

We open stockings first and I love how Avery tries to avoid looking at the camera- just like Mom!

Emily going through her stocking gifts and loving her new pink poodle she named Cupcake.

Jake loving his Transformer
walkie talkies.

Harley didn't know what to do with his gift from Santa. I think he eventually buried it in the back yard. I never saw him with it for more than 10 minutes and he did some digging outside. I'm looking forward to seeing him chew on it this summer when he decides to dig it back up.

This has been the prized gift. A pop up Firetruck. All four kids get in it and walk it around like they are going to a fire. I have a super cute picture:


I finally found Avery's pink boots. She's been asking for these for two years now and I FINALLY found them. Most of the Academy's were out of them and wouldn't get very many in the next few weeks. A lady had called the day before to put them on a 24 hour hold but she never came to get them and I snatched them up as soon as they were shipped to the closest store. Oh, the things we do for our kids! I am so glad I did- she wears them ALL the time!

It looks like Avery's pushing Emily away but she wasn't. Sisters gotta hug!

Josh got a pair of boots too although his were two sizes too big. It was so funny to watch him walk in them. He had to really stick his legs out.

Josh also got a toy tool set. Yes, he likes to watch Handy Many- I'm telling ya, he's all boy!
Emily got a pair of pink boots also. It was the year of Christmas boots! Spencer already had a pair and mine were the warm soft kind of boots. The boys and girls both got nearly matching boots. It will be a super cute picture of shoes when I get them all together, even if Josh's are too big.
No comments:
Post a Comment