Sunday, January 10, 2010

Avery's Baptism

Avery had the most beautiful and wonderful day Saturday January 9th. She made the decision to be baptized and asked her dad to baptize her and Grandpa Wayne to give her the Gift of the Holy Ghost. She made all the decisions on the program too. She asked me to give the talk on baptism and Grandma Christie to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. She chose the songs and Lexie for the opening prayer and Laura for the closing prayer. It was amazing!


A quick family photo before the baptism started. It had been an insane week with Satan working so hard to get us fighting and throwing all kinds of obstacles in our way to delay this wonderful day. We discussed it late one night with a meltdown in progress and Avery really understood why things were pretty tough. We decided to fight back with love and stick together. It worked and we made it. She was super excited to be baptized, as were we all.



I went with a white dress theme and had Avery's blessing dress displayed by the programs. I had a lot of fun doing all this. This was the hardest because I didn't know what to do really. I had sick kids, a sick husband, Josh's first birthday(we plan on celebrating this in a few days! But need to get him feeling better first!) and my birthday. We had dr. visits involving shots and after a ER visit my car died in the parking lot attempting to pick up meds for Josh. It was a computer issue with the car which is usually pretty costly but it only cost an arm. Ha! Ha! It all worked out in the end and like I mentioned earlier Satan worked really hard on us!


This is the table with a Baptism Book I put together for Avery that I found on sugardoodle and the dress cookies I had so much fun making.


A close up of the cookies. I made almost 60 cookies and they didn't quite turn out the way I wanted them to but wasn't about to start all over again.


I wanted Avery to have a cookie bouquet of her own so I put 8 of them in a vase just for her.


Loving the family so much. I'm so proud of the example Avery is to her brothers and sister. Emily talks about getting baptized a lot now. She gets it and although she's a fireball she still has her heart in the right place and prays to get baptized like Avery. She's so sweet! I love my girls!

Had to get a shot with my favorite big girl! Such a happy day!

I love this picture of Spencer with Avery! I have to get this framed! What an angel!


I actually took this before she changed into her white baptism dress. She was so excited and nervous! We all were so happy!


I was elated when we were getting there and our very best friends arrived when we did. Avery and Emma met about five years ago and were inseparable! It devastated us when they moved two hours away three years ago. Of course Elena and I just hugged and cried! I miss her so much! Avery and Emma on the other hand had that awkward shyness. Although they don't see each other as often as we'd like they are still best friends. They have the best friend necklaces; Avery has "Best" and Emma has"Friends". I love seeing these girls together!


This is a cute picture of Spencer and Josh. He'd been sick for about three weeks and was on a second round of antibiotics for an ear infection from the runny nose and stuffiness he'd had for a while after his high fever. He's finally doing better!


This is an unimportant work in progress picture of my cookies. It was fun but I'd definitely use a different frosting.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What an exciting day! Seeing this post is making me excited for Ella's baptism in February!!

Mark and Heidi Romer said...

I wish I could've been there! Avery, you look so beautiful! Robyn, it all looks great! I know Avery will look back and be so grateful you put this much time and love into everything. You're a great mom!

The Artisan Mama said...

What a great post! Sorry I missed this. It looks like it was a beautiful day!

Kristine said...

Congratulations to Avery! I know what you mean by Satan working overtime. Same thing with us when Bailey got baptized. Love the cookies, so cute!

Caroline said...

How exciting for Avery and your family!! What a cute idea for the cookies and the cookie bouquet!!